Bag and Tag Day!

Today was our last day of build season, and we could not be more proud of our robot! We named it Artemis, after the Greek goddess of the moon.

We were able to successfully test all of our mechanisms, as well as make a lot of progress on our second robot, which we did not bag and will use for practice between now and our Hudson Valley competition.

We are extremely proud of everyone on our team, and would also like to thank our mentors and parents for their support throughout the season. Without their help, we would not have a robot as amazing as Artemis!


Our First Robot of the Season!

We have finished our first robot, and started making our second robot, which is the one we will use in competition!IMG_1546.JPG

We also CNC’d and 3D printed a bunch of new parts, such as parts for our hatch and cargo mechanisms

Electronics has finished their board, including all of our pneumatics parts.


Our programming department has continued their testing, and will be able to use this year’s robot to test soon!

Build Season continues!

We have had a very productive last few days! Firstly, electronics has made a lot of progress on their electronics board, and it looks amazing. IMG_1514.JPG

Programming has also made a lot of progress with their limelight and camera codes, and have been testing them on our robot from last year. Here is a video of them working!

Engineering has built a lot of our mechanisms, and they looks great! Our cascade group has made their own custom gearboxes, as well as finished assembling their mechanism. IMG_1507.JPG

Our hatch group is almost done constructing their mechanism as well, using a new idea involving gripping the hatch with triangles. This is a video of us testing our final prototype, which will look very similar to our final!

The chassis is almost complete, and all of the components are assembled, including our gearboxes.



The cargo intake is also finished, and we are in the process of making a second one as well, using our new CNC machine!



Build Season Week 3!

We have finished our final robot CAD, which means we can start constructing our robot very soon!

img_1475Additionally, electronics has started making the electronics board for the robot, as well as calculating the number of air tanks necessary for all of our pistons.

img_1473Programming has tested our Limelight, so that we can figure out where to place it on our robot. They also tested our cameras, and finished our hatch aquiring code, as well as the drivetrain code!


Build Season Days 9, 10, and 11!

The last few days have been incredibly busy for us, but all of our hard work has paid off!

Programming has finished their code for our cargo intake, and are almost done with the climber code!

We now have finalized our mechanisms for the hatch, cargo, and climbing, and have successfully tested our prototypes for all three! This means that tomorrow will be our CAD-A-THON, where all of our engineering members will make the final CADs for our mechanisms.


Our electronics department has finished our pneumatics system, and started research on our button box as well.

Build Season Days 6, 7, and 8!!

Programming has finished their drive code, as well as the camera vision code.img_1366-e1547515213212.jpg Electronics has also finished their dummy board, and have also tested various pistons that we will be using on our robot.img_1437 We have also made excellent progress with our prototyping! For our hatch intake, we experimented with using an umbrella, as well as an arm and a spring.

 We also have successfully tested our climbing mechanism on last year’s robot, and we are able to reach the 6” platform!img_1442

Our cargo intake is also working amazingly, and here is a video of its prototype in action! See the video here!


Build Season days 2, 3, 4, and 5!

For the past few days, our team has been working extensively on prototyping our mechanisms!

We are designing our robot to be able to work with both cargo and hatches, as well as be able to climb up the platforms.

We made some proof-of-concept prototypes out of cardboard, and are moving on to prototyping using wood and metal recycled from our previous robots in the next few days!