Week Six!

We can’t believe it’s Week Six already!! We’ve been so busy and have gotten so much done!

Electronics lengthened talon wires, soldered grayhill encoder wires for the second robot, and began testing the cascade!

DSC_0154

Construction fixed the intake mechanism and is almost ready to mount! They began bumpers and began cutting stock for the second bot!

DSC_0156

Programming installed Raspbian OS on the raspberry pi and it worked!! They installed energia, wrote the code for the LEDs, and began testing the code!

DSC_0148

Design began working on our cheesecake mechanism for other robots to climb on us! They also updated the CAD and the order form!

DSC_0161

Advertisements

Week Four Update!

The Fe Maidens have been busy! Some of our very dedicated team members went in on Monday to work on the robot even though we had off!

Electronics fixed the talons on our first board! They also are ready to fix the problems that arose on the second board!

IMG-1958.JPG

Construction FINISHED all the stages of the cascade!! They also modified and tested the prototype of the the intake mechanism! Some adjustments to the actual mechanism have been finalized!

NewUSquishIMG-1956

Design is currently working on the bumpers and updating the CAD to match the changes we made on the mechanisms!

IMG-1941

Programming helped to fix the talons on the first board and started working on the second board! They then reimaged one roborio!

IMG-1961

Week Four!

The Fe Maidens have been so busy and we can’t believe that it’s Week Four already!!

Electronics finished wiring our second board! They also began lengthening the encoder wires and working on LEDs!!

IMG-1946

Programming finished LED code, began working with Raspberry Pi for vision, and finished and tested code for PID drive!!

IMG-1948

Construction assembled all of the ladder stock, cut and began to assemble the cascade lift, and prototypes spring hinges for our intake mechanism!

IMG-1943

Design did the CAW! They also updated all the CADs to match the changes we made to design!

IMG-1941

PR recorded everything for the Chairman’s video, finished Woodie Flowers, and finished our business plan!

A huge thank you to the parents for building our switch and scale!!

IMG-1949

Week Three Update

 

We are almost halfway into build!!!

In Construction, our girls drilled holes for the button box, completed the bearing assemblies, cut stock and began to assemble our intake mechanism, and further prototyped!!

img_2303

Design CADed the bumpers, intake mechanism bearing assemblies, intake mechanism rod , and worked on the driver station!

IMG_4142

Programming worked  on our website! They also wrote code for a limit switch for our intake mechanism and LEDs. Finally, they researched launchpad buttons!

IMG-1705

Electronics began mounting to the electronics board!!

 

 

 

Week Two Update 2!

The Fe Maidens have made great progress during Week 2!

Design has finished CADing ALL of our mechanisms for the robot!! All they have remaining are bumpers and mounts.

IMG_4130.PNG

IMG_4142

Electronics cut perfboard for both of the robots and mounted most of the components. They also made the box for the Launchpad custom driver station and began 3-D printing the keycaps.IMG_4145

Construction tested Rose’s prototype and decided to use a combination of the Rose’s and Jason’s prototypes. We are so thankful for our new sponsorship with seatbeltplanet.com for providing us with seatbelts to allow us to test our final prototype, Mr. Morrell’s.

They also assembled the drivetrain for the practice chassis and taught the rookies how to use the CNC.

Programming has finished the code for all the mechanisms and is working on vision and PID code.

We are looking forward to the rest of the week when we start assembling our final mechanisms!

Week Two Update!

The Fe Maidens have been busy!!

Design has almost finished CADing ALL of our mechanisms for the robot!!

 

 

Construction finished the T-plates for the transmissions, assembled the arduino box for Electronics,  tested our intake mechanism, practiced engraving on the CNC, and planned out three pseudo-chassis prototypes!

Programming finished all of our code except the cascade!!! They then went over debugging technique with rookies and updated out website!

Finally, our electronics department 3-D printed a launchpad case and began CADing the electronics board!!!

 

Overall, we’ve had a super productive past few days!!

Week One Update

In the past two days, the Fe Maidens have completed a ton of work and are on schedule!

Yesterday, our programming department finished our center, left, and right autonomous code, the acquiring code, the drivetrain code, and the transmission code! They’ve also almost completed our vision code!!

IMG-1655.JPG

Our design department finished CADing the bearing assembly for our climber and continued to finalize a climbing design!

Screenshot 2018-01-09 20.42.44

Construction continued prototyping our various mechanisms!

IMG-1661 (1).JPG

Electronics worked on CADing the electronics board!!

IMG-1658

 

We’re halfway through Week One and eager to get started on the mechanisms and driver training!!!