Hey guys! WE COMPLETED THE ROBOT! Here’s what we accomplished today:
The pistons were mounted on the front.
The electronics and pneumatics were finished.
The roller and ratchet were mounted onto the climber.
The LED strip was mounted onto the robot (and it looks fantastic!!!).
The robot was given to programming, and they tested drive and climber code (which work perfectly) and the pneumatics code.
The chute was mounted onto the second chassis.
The protective covering for the chain was started.
Tomorrow we will not be meeting because DeBlasio is really desperate to get reelected, so have a great day off and be back and ready to work on Friday!
Hello Team! Congrats on making it through week 4 of build! This means that we are now 2/3 of the way done with the season; but worry not, because our robot is almost completely constructed.
In Construction, we cut and drilled the pieces the mount the chute and then mounted it onto the board.
The encoders were attached to the CIMs and the electronics boards were attached onto the robot. Electronics started to hook up all of the wiring and pneumatics and will finish it tomorrow.
Construction also worked on the 2nd chassis, belting it and starting to attach the side pieces for the climber.
We have decided to switch out the original flap pieces on the chute for something more durable: pistons. Design have come up with mounts for those and for the camera and have started printing them.
Programming has completed almost all of their code and will begin testing as soon as possible.
See you all tomorrow!
Hello everyone! Great work today and a special thanks to everyone who stayed until 7! Here’s what we accomplished:
The sides for the climber were attached, and the base of the chute was attached.
The support pieces to attach the chute were cut and the electronics board was positioned and recut and will be attached tomorrow.
The new base for the second chassis was attached, and the cross-beams for the chute were cut.
In Electronics, we continued working on the second board as well as attaching and finalizing the first one.
Tomorrow and Saturday will be busy, but we’re sure we will be able to stay on schedule! Keep up the good work!
Hello everyone! Now that we have finally completed our midyear exams, here is an update on what we’ve accomplished this week:
We are actually building two robots this season: one for competition and one to practice driving after the first robot has been bagged and tagged. We have already cut and assembled the chassis frame for the practice bot. Tomorrow, the transmissions and wheels will be attached, and then we will put on the belts.
The main bodies of the (two) chutes have been cut and assembled. Tomorrow they will be complete and the parts for mounting them will be cut.
The bumpers are almost complete. So far, two sets have been made and are currently being covered in fabric, and a third pair is underway.
The first chassis was belted, then taken apart in order to locktite everything, and then reassembled.
In Electronics, we have wired up all the main electrical components and will start pneumatics tomorrow.
In Programming, we have made huge headway into camera code/ auton, and will be testing tomorrow.
In Design, we are almost done CADing the entire robot.
And during this time, our team captain Charlotte has been doing a lot of driver practice on the preseason bot using the prototypes.
Congrats on making it through half of Build Season! You all have put in a huge amount of effort and it has been more than paying off. We are so proud of you!
Hello everyone! Here is what was accomplished at yesterday’s meeting:
The chassis was completed (yay!) and now construction is working on the lexan base.
The preseason chassis has all of its electronics checked, programming used it to test code, and then we reattached the chute prototype and did some driving practice. The final version of the climber prototype was assembled and will be tested tomorrow.
In Design, we finished CADing the entire robot, and we will be sending that CAD out soon so you can all see the final design.
In Programming, we successfully masked a static image of retro reflective tape and did it on a live feed, as well as measuring images, which they will use to calculate distances.
Leadership has come to final decisions on the robot design: the chute will be made out of aluminum instead of lexan and we will not be shooting fuel.
See you all tomorrow!
Hello everyone! Good job on another highly productive weekend.
In Construction, we finished putting back together our preseason chassis with the new two-speed transmissions and electronics rewired it, so now programming will have something they can use to test their code while we finish up this season’s chassis.
In Electronics, we rewired the preseason chassis and created a circuit that lit up LED when a limit switch was pressed in preparation for this seasons sensor work.
In Programming, learned how to filter & mask images with OpenCV.
In Design, we worked on CADing the chute and creating a system to stop the gear falling out of the front of it.
See you all on Monday!
Hey girls! We thankfully had another two productive days of Build Season. Here’s what happened:
Luckily, when we took off the cimcoders, the transmissions fit onto the tiny chassis, so we will be able to finish our chassis this week and stay on schedule!
In Design, we finished their plans for mounting the chute and mounting the climber.
In Electronics, we worked on their general layout for the electronics and set up the pneumatics components.
In Programming, we started learning OpenCV and vision code.
In Construction, we worked on getting the two sets of transmissions ready for the respective chassis, cut more pieces for the climber, and began cutting wood and L-channel for the bumpers.
See you all tomorrow!