Last weekend, the FeMaidens, along with our alliance partners team 1796 (the RoboTigers) and team 694 (StuyPulse), won the New York City Regional! We will all be advancing to the international championship in Detroit, Michigan, and are extremely excited to meet all of the other teams there!
We also won the Entrepreneurship Award, thanks to our awesome PR team. Our brother team, the SciBorgs, won the Team Spirit Award, and was on the second place alliance, which is also going to the championship in Detroit because of a wildcard!
Congratulations to all of the teams who participated in this regional, as well as to all of the teams that we will be seeing in Detroit.
This past weekend, the FeMaidens competed at the Hudson Valley Regional competition, and we made it to the quarterfinals!
We were cheering our robot and drive team on all weekend, and won the Team Spirit Award!
Even though we hit a few bumps in the road during the competition, we are incredibly happy with how far we came, and are very proud with how the competiton went.
We are looking forward to our next competition, the NYC Regional, and hope to do even better there!
Today was our last day of build season, and we could not be more proud of our robot! We named it Artemis, after the Greek goddess of the moon.
We were able to successfully test all of our mechanisms, as well as make a lot of progress on our second robot, which we did not bag and will use for practice between now and our Hudson Valley competition.
We are extremely proud of everyone on our team, and would also like to thank our mentors and parents for their support throughout the season. Without their help, we would not have a robot as amazing as Artemis!
We have finished our first robot, and started making our second robot, which is the one we will use in competition!
We also CNC’d and 3D printed a bunch of new parts, such as parts for our hatch and cargo mechanisms
Electronics has finished their board, including all of our pneumatics parts.
Our programming department has continued their testing, and will be able to use this year’s robot to test soon!
We have had a very productive last few days! Firstly, electronics has made a lot of progress on their electronics board, and it looks amazing.
Programming has also made a lot of progress with their limelight and camera codes, and have been testing them on our robot from last year. Here is a video of them working!
Engineering has built a lot of our mechanisms, and they looks great! Our cascade group has made their own custom gearboxes, as well as finished assembling their mechanism.
Our hatch group is almost done constructing their mechanism as well, using a new idea involving gripping the hatch with triangles. This is a video of us testing our final prototype, which will look very similar to our final!
The chassis is almost complete, and all of the components are assembled, including our gearboxes.
The cargo intake is also finished, and we are in the process of making a second one as well, using our new CNC machine!
We have finished our final robot CAD, which means we can start constructing our robot very soon!
Additionally, electronics has started making the electronics board for the robot, as well as calculating the number of air tanks necessary for all of our pistons.
Programming has tested our Limelight, so that we can figure out where to place it on our robot. They also tested our cameras, and finished our hatch aquiring code, as well as the drivetrain code!
The last few days have been incredibly busy for us, but all of our hard work has paid off!
Programming has finished their code for our cargo intake, and are almost done with the climber code!
We now have finalized our mechanisms for the hatch, cargo, and climbing, and have successfully tested our prototypes for all three! This means that tomorrow will be our CAD-A-THON, where all of our engineering members will make the final CADs for our mechanisms.
Our electronics department has finished our pneumatics system, and started research on our button box as well.