Hello everyone! Now that we have finally completed our midyear exams, here is an update on what we’ve accomplished this week:
We are actually building two robots this season: one for competition and one to practice driving after the first robot has been bagged and tagged. We have already cut and assembled the chassis frame for the practice bot. Tomorrow, the transmissions and wheels will be attached, and then we will put on the belts.
The main bodies of the (two) chutes have been cut and assembled. Tomorrow they will be complete and the parts for mounting them will be cut.
The bumpers are almost complete. So far, two sets have been made and are currently being covered in fabric, and a third pair is underway.
The first chassis was belted, then taken apart in order to locktite everything, and then reassembled.
In Electronics, we have wired up all the main electrical components and will start pneumatics tomorrow.
In Programming, we have made huge headway into camera code/ auton, and will be testing tomorrow.
In Design, we are almost done CADing the entire robot.
And during this time, our team captain Charlotte has been doing a lot of driver practice on the preseason bot using the prototypes.
Congrats on making it through half of Build Season! You all have put in a huge amount of effort and it has been more than paying off. We are so proud of you!